Sunday, June 21, 2009

Taking the Road Less Traveled....

So I had a job interview this week. It went well, my performing art skills kicked in and of course i nailed a second interview. But before going, I learned that this company would be selling satellite dishes through stores and I would be working a solid 40 hrs. + bonuses. It didn't seem like something that vague to me. On the ride home I thought it out more. NO WEEKENDS whatsoever. Not ok. 40hrs, yes! Making decent money-sweet! not being able to work at ubu, a furniture store (in which i am going to school for interior design...) = pretty stupid pick. so I learning this I didn't take the second interview. I am taking the road less traveled. I don't want to see myself as the satellite dish manager over at best buy in 5 years. I might be able to have a nice car and clothes, but thats not the goal here. I'd rather be a starving artist living from day to day and living and breathing and adoring what I do because it fulfills me. Being forced to sit down and take a breath, although i am restless, this is what its taught me.

Also, I have been bogged down by a few exboyfriends this year. and the last one shouldn't hold be down, but totally does. It ended up as "yeah we're totally friends, I love your company!" to never calling me back or acknowging me in his life. Which I don't take so well. But new things have been coming up and I seem to keep looking back. the Sentimentalist in me is such a bad thing. I get so stuck and never take new chances. There is someone I am intersted in. I think hes adorable and like the last ex-boyfriend was parelled to the ex before him... I find myself digging another parellel to the previous. This makes me sound crazy. But I'm not. The point is, I can't keep looking back and telling people I'm not the type to walk away from when I am still standing where they left me. I need to move forward. Its been a while since I've been in this mindset of turning my thoughts into a productive action. Weird how things in life make you stand still even though you think you're moving huh?

This probably isn't that enticing to any of you if you still read this....but this blog has become more of just my own epiphanies anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment